I think that the theme of this past week has been community. God has put a desire in my heart to love people on a new level. On the SALTS trip we were in very close quarters and it was a great opportunity for us as a group to get to know each other and to lift each other up. I had soooooo much fun on that trip. I got to climb up to the top of the mass and swing from ropes and all that fun stuff that put me completely in my element. The sunsets were stunning and the weather was beautiful. God has also put the people on the streets of Duncan on my heart. I am a part of New Life Church which has a group of people who get together on Sunday evenings and hang out with the Homeless in Duncan. About 9 of us from Kaleo decided to join them thin past Sunday. We got there and noticed that there was no one from New Life that week. In stead of turning around and going home we decided to stay. We split up into two groups. I was with 3 other people and we spent the whole time with 3 homeless people talking about Duncan and their own lives and what they thought of this Jesus guy. We had the opportunity to pray with them after our conversation. They were very thankful. I would love if you could pray for Bob, Brenda and Hubert (the three homeless people we talked with) and for there hearts, as well as the city of Duncan. There is lots of issues between the whites and the natives in that city. I would love to see God work in these 3 because they could have an incredible influence on Duncan. Thanks for your prayers!
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment