
I started out this week looking forward to the Mt. Washington trip coming up. We woke up early in the morning to leave and the power was out. It was really windy and rain outside and no ones alarm clocks were going off. We finally got all packed up and started driving to the mountain. We got there and grabbed our rentals and went straight to the slopes.
The trip turned out to be such a blessing. The first day went from stormy and rainy with no power to a beautiful day on the mountain. I think I really see God in the mountains. Everywhere I looked there were beautiful trees covered in snow and an amazing view of the mountains. I loved snowboarding through the trees and enjoying Gods creation.
We snowboarded the whole week except for Wednesday. On Wednesday some of us went snowshoeing and some of us went cross-country skiing. I went snow showing. At the beginning of the day I was kind of wishing we could have just kept on snowboarding but as the day went on I was so glad we have the opportunity to snowshoe. We went up the chair-lift and explored the back trails of the mountain. We stopped for a while to build snow forts and to listen to the snowshoe guide tell us about survival and avalanches. What made snowshoeing so fun was that we were already really high up on the mountain so there was a lot of just running downhill really fast. At some points we were just jumping and sliding of of slopes.
Coming back to lodge for meals and in the evening was great. It was such a sweet place and everyone was there. The food was great and there was hot tubs to go in too after long days of snowboarding. Evenings were also pretty sweet.
We had chapel with everyone which was such a sweet time to lift each other up and challenge each other. We had a chapel talking about how we saw characteristics of Jesus in each other. It was encouraging to hear peoples thought on that. The next night we gave each other names the best described our character. I was given the name Gem. It was given to me because they said I am a precious women of the Lord and I was cherished by Him. Proverbs 31 was also mentioned to describe my name which talks about a wife a noble character being worth more than rubies. They called me a firm rock that is never changing and someone who really loves the Lord. Jim challenged us to see our names as something we could grow into. The next chapel we sat around praying giving up or weaknesses and struggles up to God.
The trip was so amazing and I grew a lot closer to people and God and learnt a lot about my self.

No comments:
Post a Comment